Interested in leadership for personal and professional development? Curious about what it means to be a Solution Focused leader and how you can use the approach to gain momentum in your career or business?
Launching our Professional Event Series, Young Professionals of Swedish Australian Chamber of Commerce proudly presents; Solutions Focused Leadership – An exclusive, interactive webinar with Jan Marklund; leader development coach, author, public speaker and entrepreneur.
Thursday 13th of August 6.30pm AEST
SACC/YP members: FREE
Non-members: $15 (payments for non-members are made on this website)
REGISTER HERE and secure your spot now. Once registered, an email will be sent with instructions on how to get connected from wherever you are.
Exclusively offered SACC YP event.
It provides methods for constructive conflict resolution, better performance, improved staff retention and promotes overall health and happiness within and between people. With this unique, interactive webinar you get insight into how it works.
Jan Marklund will teach you how to solve problems and conflicts without talking about them and how to improve yourself without analysing your weaknesses. (We promise it’s not as crazy as it sounds. In fact, it’s an extremely effective and common practice among successful world leaders).
You will learn
- The difference between Solutions Focus and problem focus
- The approach and methodology
- The power of questions vs answers
- The importance of constructive reflection
- How to use the power of words and language for effective communication and shifting mindsets
- How to deal with complainers, perform constructive conflict resolution and how to give solution-focused feedback (or feedforward).
- How to use your strengths to your advantage
- Opportunity to interact and practice what you learn
- Practical tools you can apply to your own challenges
- To hear practical examples and experiences from a highly experienced leadership development coach and expert, member of an international Solutions Focus association.
Testimonials from managers that have attended Marklund’s seminars, workshops or programs:
“I have discovered leadership skills within myself I didn’t know I had.”
“I use my time more effectively and more targeted, i.e. I prioritise better, delegate better and get more time for strategic work.”
About the speaker, Jan Marklund
Introduced to SFiO* in 1990, Marklund’s diverse and fascinating leadership- and consulting experience spans across management in both the private and government sectors. Including, but not limited to, working as an intelligence officer for UN, founding and running an industry magazine, consulting small and large organisations including the Swedish Fire Brigade and corporations like SKF, in strategic and practical strategy, running a school, professionally training athletes and coaching a regional handball club on refugee integration.
To help leaders build strong teams and successful organisations, Marklund founded GongGång Ledarutveckling i Sverige AB, offering leader development programs, individual coaching and a range of interactive workshops, all based on the solutions-focused and salutogenic approach. For over 15 years, he and his team have assisted managers and executive teams in identifying and applying their existing strengths, shifting mindsets and approaches through constructive reflection and a range of practical tools for the big and small challenges that occur in the every-day-life of managers and executive teams.
Jan Marklund is the co-author of the practical handbook “From stagnation to success – Solution Focused tools for newly appointed managers” [Swedish title: Från tomgång till framgång – lösningsfokuserade verktyg för nyanställda chefer] published 2016. He is currently conducting research for his second book, which investigates the typical characteristics of Swedish leadership and the impact on the world.
* Solutions Focus in Organizations, an international network of solution-focused practitioners which promotes, supports and develops research and applications of Solution Focus in Organisations.