Mining Innovation – Breakfast Event Tuesday 23 October 2018
SACC is set to organise its fourth event since the WA chapter started in March 2018, and this time co-hosting with the Embassy of Sweden, we will offer our members and networks some quality niche content, building on Australia’s highly innovative mining sector and Sweden’s status as the second most innovative country in the world (2018 Bloomberg Innovation Index).
The focus area of our October 23 breakfast panel will be more interactive and specific than our previous events, and will act as complement to Business Sweden’s biennial “Swedish Mining Initiative Australia” conference arranged jointly with the Embassy of Sweden.
With this, we will benefit from high profile participants visiting Perth, in particular H.E. Pär Ahlberger, Sweden’s ambassador to Australia and Prof Göran Roos, academic, author and innovation management expert. As a guest you have a chance to indulge in the famous breakfast smörgåsbord at Miss Maud and tapping into a discussion moderated by SACC board member Joseph Olsson, Principal, Business Development at the Swedish global steel supplier SSAB.
Our discussion topics for the morning will around:
● Digital and automation solutions and how they can support miners in achieving improved productivity
● Analytics and data systems and how they can make mining smart
● How collaborations between small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), miners,
government and academia can deliver technological innovations in Australia
● Opportunities for startups and entrepreneurs to support the ongoing transformation in the
We are very pleased to be hosting a panel of reputable representatives from accomplished organisations with relevance to the topics for this morning discussion.
● Prof Göran Roos, Swedish academic, technologist, author and businessman
● Hayley Ford, Superintendent, AHS Specialist Training Team at Fortescue Metals Group
● Timothy Few, CEO at Metzke
● Mikael Arthursson, Visionary Entrepreneur and CTO at Minalyze
● Shaiful Ali, Business Line Manager, Underground Rock Excavation at Epiroc
Where: Miss Maud’s, 97 Murray St, Perth WA
When: Tuesday 23 October 2018
Time: 6.45-8.15 am
Cost: $25 per person ($15 for students) incl. breakfast buffet