On 10 March the SACC and ABCS (Australian Business Council of Sweden) will bring you our second joint webinar on Mergers & Acquisitions –
The state of play in the market and some of the cross border issues that can arise
Trade & Invest Commissioner to Australia Martin Ekberg will set the scene for the discussion topic covering the following areas:
- Review: the situation today and how we got here
- Local market resilience
- Sectors/industries driving activity
- How disruptive technologies act as a driver for M&A
- Things to consider: counsel and investor experience
- Cross-border issues
- Financing issues
- Contractual/legal/regulatory issues and trends
- Future outlook: what post-Covid opportunities are there?
- Looking to the future and the scale of opportunities
- M&A trends – Sweden & Australia post-pandemic
- Pandemic and uncertainty – how to succeed in a volatile M&A market?
This session will be moderated by Sonia Kaurah, ABCS Board Member and on the panel, we are pleased to present:
- Martin Ekberg, Trade & Invest Commissioner and Country Manager to Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Islands
- Jonas Bergquist Attorney-at-law / Partner, Magnusson, Stockholm
- Ken Wong, Partner, EQT Partners Australia
- Warren Campbell, Early Stage Investor and Antler Venture Partner, Stockholm
When: 10 March 2021 at 18:30 – 19.30 AEST (08:30 – 09:30 CEST)
Instructions on how to connect to the webinar will be sent out once registered. There is no cost attached to this webinar.
Sonia works with early stage tech startups on their fundraising and growth journey. Sonia holds a double degree in Psychology and Nutrition and has previously founded a company in foodtech. Most recently she ran the startup program at Antler and before that was Head of Startups at SUP46 in Stockholm. Originally from Melbourne, she has lived and worked in six different cities across the world before moving to Sweden in 2017.
During the last two decades, Martin has been assisting Swedish multinationals achieving organic and inorganic growth. He is an experienced advisor in the field of international business development focusing on growth strategies, M&A, and transformational programs across a wide variety of industries. Before joining Business Sweden Martin was part of Accenture Europe’s Strategy and M&A service line.
Ken spent a number of years in EQT’s Singapore office and returned to Australia in February 2020 to establish EQT’s Sydney office. Prior to joining EQT, Ken was at Affinity Equity Partners in Sydney, focusing on private equity investments in the TMT, data & digital and consumer sectors. Prior to that, Ken was at Macquarie Capital, based in Melbourne.
Jonas has over 15 years of M&A experience advising Nordic and international clients from both the public and private sectors. He also has experience of real estate, corporate and commercial and international joint ventures, among others. He is regularly recommended by rankings institutes Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Warren is Chairman of the Australian Business Council since 2018. Warren runs his own investment company investing in scalable digital startups, and is an advisor and Board professional. Previously Warren was a partner at McKinsey and founder and CEO of Vireo Energy.