SACC members were invited to join this webinar facilitated by Austrade – Sweden’s Innovation Ecosystem – Overview and Insights, 17 June.
This webinar was part of an initiative by Austrade’s virtual landing pad in Europe, and was designed to give you an initial snapshot of the Swedish ecosystem for tech companies. There is much more to learn about other parts of the Swedish innovation ecosystem.
Let us know if you would like to learn more, have any questions and if we can help connect you with others in our network.Sweden is world renowned for being an innovative nation – 2nd and 5th in the latest global innovation rankings. Stockholm is one of the hottest entrepreneurship hubs in Europe. What’s in Sweden’s secret sauce? What are the opportunities?
A great line-up of speakers shared their insights about Sweden’s vibrant ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Jennifer Mackinlay – Acting General Manager Austrade Europe – welcome and introduction
- Arash Sangari – Program Manager, Startup Sweden. Arash gave us an overview of the ecosystem and how Startup Sweden as a national program provides entrepreneur-centred support to Swedish startups and scaleups.
- Warren Campbell – Australian entrepreneur and investor based in Sweden for the last 15 years. Former McKinsey partner, founder and CEO of a pan-European renewables business, Warren is today an active angel investor in circa 30 Nordic startups, as well as an Investment Committee member of two early stage investment funds. Warren shared perspectives on early stage investing.
- Leni Andronicos – co-founder and CEO of Logcast, the world’s first social podcasting app built out of Sweden. Leni moved to Stockholm from Sydney in 2018. She gave insights about founding a successful tech start up in the Nordics, raising capital from local venture capital institutions and establishing her profile in Sweden.
- Kerstin Classon – Investment Director Nordics, Austrade Stockholm – moderator
Below are some further links of interest:
- Startup Sweden
- Startup Genome ecosystem mapping for Stockholm
- 2021 Global Startup Ecosystem Index Report by StartupBlink,published 15 June 2021 – Sweden is ranked 6th
Please contact Austrade Stockholm firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information and a copy of the presentation.